1. We use only 10 percent of our brains.
2. “Flashbulb memories” are precise, detailed and persistent.
3. It’s all downhill after 40 (or 50 or 60 or 70).
4. We have five senses.
By the way, have you seen the taste map of the tongue, the diagram showing that different regions are sensitive to salty, sweet, sour or bitter flavors? Also a myth.
5. Brains are like computers.
6. The brain is hard-wired.
7. A conk on the head can cause amnesia.
8. We know what will make us happy.
9. We see the world as it is.
10. Men are from Mars, women are from Venus.